Principal Software Engineer / Secret
- Warner Robins, GA
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems Sector has a need for a Principal Software Engineer at its Subsystem and Software Sustainment (S&SS) organization in Warner Robins, GA.
This engineering position is for a role on the Software Engineering Team that supports modeling and simulation, electronic warfare, avionics, and radar sustainment programs.
Your responsibilities include:
- Design, implement, document, test, and debug software.
- Analyze system capabilities to create models and simulations
- Execute, analyze, and evaluate software applications for military systems.
- Use various integrated development environment tools and applications to identify and troubleshoot software algorithms.
- BS Degree in a STEM discipline with 5 years of relevant experience; OR MS Degree with 3 years of experience
- Demonstrated expertise within Software Engineering to include requirements analysis, development, and deriving/translating of requirements into software design; producing code from designs, and testing and debugging software code.
- Demonstrated use of high level programming languages such as C/C++, C#, Java, and/or Ada.
- Experience preparing and present technical data to management and customers.
- A current DoD Secret Clearance.
- Ability to obtain/maintain access to work at our Warner Robins, GA facility.
- Experience with Wind River Simics Products
- Experience with emulation or virtualization technologies
- Experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS)
- Experience with software tools such as GIT, JIRA, Eclipse, and/or Visual Studio
- Experience with automated testing techniques and tools
- Experience with scripting language such as Python
- Experience utilizing Agile principles
- Experience with F-22 Systems or Software
- Engineering Leadership Experience
Back to top