Principal Software Engineer - Process and Metrics
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
- Support software leadership in the development and implementation of the software processes and the development and execution of a robust metrics program
- Develop the metrics process and subsequently provide visibility in the process and execution, highlighting anomalies and performance issues for software leadership action
- Interface across software leadership and individual contributors as well as the software functional homeroom to resolve issues and implement action plans
We offer flexible work arrangements, great learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of experience as a software engineer OR
- Master's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 3 years of experience as a software engineer
- PhD degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 0 years of experience in software engineering
- Demonstrated experience of object-oriented analysis and design and developing software using C/C++
- At minimum, an active, in-scope DoD security clearance at the Secret level
- Experience in capability maturity model integrated (CMMI)/ AS9100/AS9115/ISO-12207
- Experience developing processes and metrics for software projects
- Experience in software development planning
- Familiarity with the defense acquisition lifecycle
- Familiarity with aircraft systems/subsystems architectures (i.e. CNI, vehicle, cockpit)
- Familiarity with safety/mission critical/airworthiness certification criteria
- Familiarity with Agile software development
- Familiarity with the Atlassian tool suite with add-ons (git, confluence, bitbucket, bamboo, and Jira)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top