Principal Software Engineer or Sr. Principal Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Principal Software Engineer or Sr. Principal Software Engineer based out of Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
Northrop Grumman is looking for a software engineer to participate in development of a software integration and test product. The product consists of a modular, open systems architecture framework on a safety-critical system. It will serve as the software framework that many teams use to develop and test their software on a ground communication system. It will provide a common run environment for each of the stakeholders to integrate their deliverables with the larger system. Primary responsibilities will include participation in NCTA software development and testing activities. This position will setup and configure the RTOS, develop software, and develop and execute test planning to support hardware evaluation and functional testing on multiple hardware platforms.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a Principal Software Engineer or Sr. Principal Software Engineer level.
* For a Principal Software Engineer: Bachelor's degree in a related field and 5 years of experience; Master's degree in a related field and 3 years of experience or 9 years of related work experience in lieu of a degree.
* For a Sr. Principal Software Engineer: Bachelor's degree in a related field and 9 years of experience; Master's degree in a related field and 7 years of experience or 14 years of related work experience in lieu of a degree.
* Active DoD Secret Clearance with an investigation in the last 5 years
* Experience with Object Orientated Programming
* Experience developing software on Linux
* Experience with DevSecOps
* Understanding of communication networks
* Experience developing safety critical software
* Demonstrated experience developing software in C++11 and/or C++14
* Understanding of secure coding practices
* Experience with GUI Development with Eclipse RCP or similar
* Real-Time Operating System (RTOS) (Integrity, VxWorks, QNX, etc.) experience, OS kernel customization, driver development, and hardware interface implementation experience
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top