Principal Software Engineer
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
The Software Engineer will develop, modify and maintain customized or standardized applications using software engineering best practices and standards, and participate in the full life-cycle of software development, to include requirements analysis, modeling and design, application development, unit and CSCI level testing, integration, formal system testing, release, installation, and maintenance. The candidate will interface on occasion with the customer and excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required.
We offer flexible work arrangements, great learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold, new ideas, courage, and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future and have fun along the way! Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity, and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history! meleng sfwas rocktober
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of software engineering experience OR a Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 3 years of software engineering experience
- Experience developing software / writing code in C/C++ or Java
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level clearance and special access
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience developing software for safety critical embedded systems
- Familiarity with Agile software development process
- Familiarity with software development tools such as Git, CMake, VectorCAST, and Eclipse
- Knowledge of Linux systems and basic commands
- Knowledge of software design patterns, algorithms, and data structures
- Familiarity with software requirements tools such as DOORS and Rational Rhapsody
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top