Principal Software Engineer - Enterprise Sevices (19-183)
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Software Developer based out of Colorado Springs.
What You'll get to Do:
This position is for a Software Engineer on the C2BMC program. The candidate will be responsible for software development in the Java language for Enterprise Services. Under minimal direction, provides specialized expertise within multiple systems, software disciplines, as well as general knowledge of related disciplines, applications implications, and customer areas. Responsible for performing in-depth analysis and technical support of systems software products, including complex problem resolution, design, development, testing, operational integration, and user support. Maintains currency, debugs and configures related software products. Works from specifications to develop or modify operating systems applications. Assists with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs. Interfaces with other system support groups to resolve problems, setting standards and improving overall efficiency of the operating system. Designs, codes, tests and implements tools for operations automation. Works on most phases of software systems programming applications, and may require instruction and guidance in other phases.
- Active Secret clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other STEM related degree with 5+ years software development experience; 3 years with Masters; 0 years with PhD.
- Strong Java/J2EE experience.
- Knowledge of basic software practices such as coding standards and configuration management.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products
- U se of common software development and management tools such as Git, JIRA and Eclipse
- U nderstanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases and SysML diagrams
- E xperience implementing mathematical algorithms in source code
- C++ Experience
- Experience developing enterprise applications.
- Familiarity with Java foundation classes and toolkits.
- Knowledge of server side/database development, computer system administration; Net-centric, horizontal integration program expertise
- Experience in Command and control system application development
- Experience with Software Integration and Automated Testing
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to review performance, identify root cause and recommend a solution.
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top