Principal Software Engineer (Clearance Required)
- San Dimas, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector is seeking experienced Software Engineers level 3 to join our diverse team, developing, enhancing and maintaining capabilities for Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) satellite payload and ground systems for payload data processing. This position is located in Azusa, CA at the foot of the San Gabriel Mountains in Los Angeles County. Our software engineering teams offer flexible work arrangements as well as career, technical and personal development opportunities.
In this role, the selected candidate will be expected to:
- Communicate and work effectively with team members and leads in an agile and dynamic team environment
- Take ownership of tasks assigned by team lead with minimal guidance
- Design, develop, document, test, integrate and debug software written in various computer languages
- Meet project milestones while ensuring software standards are met
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems
- Interface with other groups and subject matter experts within and outside of the project
- Mentor and support junior team members
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline with 5 years related experience OR Master's Degree in STEM discipline with 3 years related experience
• Proficiency in one or more of the following: C/C++, Java, Python
• Possess knowledge of the software lifecycle
• Active/Current DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance or SCI program access is required.
• Demonstrated ability to implement process improvement, streamline activities, and develop efficiencies
• Excellent communication and organizational skills; strong interpersonal and analytic skills
• Previous in-depth domain knowledge of program software design and code
• Experience in standard Software Engineering processes and development lifecycle including software architecture, design, development, integration, test and verification, including experience in writing software test plans and test procedures
• Experience in Object Oriented Design and Unix/Linux platform development
• Experience with software configuration management and version control tools such as ClearCase, Git/GitHub, Subversion
• Experience in Agile/Scrum development concepts, methodologies and tools
• Experience in Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) such as VxWORKS
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top