Principal Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Test Set SoftwareEngineer3 to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The selected candidate will develop, implement and maintain operationalsoftware to support manufacturing and test in a lab environment supporting various ground test set systems.
Perform multiple supporting roles in HW/SW development and test operation to lead and operate different heredity test sets.
Act as liaison between internal team and external customers in support of test coordination and configuration set up. Interface with different system test engineering groups to help define test configuration and data configurations.
Develop, plan, coordinate testing with new test scripts, test scenarios to meet the requirements.
Support test procedure development and review in collaboration with other engineering disciplines and test operations personnel.
Create accurate and detailed technical procedures & integration plans.
Provide laboratory support and respond immediately to HW/SW anomalies. Provide real-time resolutions and corrections.
Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite
Experienced in VxWorks, LabVIEW and C
Experienced in TCP/IP protocols; must be Security Plus+ trained
Able to troubleshoot and fix problems on heredity test sets (Digital and RF) to minimize downtime
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of software engineering experience OR Master's Degree in STEM and 3 years of software engineering experience OR PhD Degree in STEM and 0 years of software engineering experience
- Ability to obtain/maintain aSCI clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience developing software/writing code in C and LabVIEW
- Experience with instrument automation and test set software development
- Knowledge of spacecraft systems preferred, including the test methodology and instrumentation required to test RF, Power, Digital, or Mixed signal devices
- Experience working closely with hardware/System engineers and with multiple stakeholders
- Holds Secret and SCI security clearance
- Able to troubleshoot and repair heredity test sets
- Strong working knowledge and experience in LabView software development
- Knowledge of Hardware/software interfaces
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top