Principal Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of major technological advancements throughout our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Principal Software Engineer Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines overall system and user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
Candidates should have academic and work experience in software engineering and development across the full life cycle for domains and systems such as aerospace programs, embedded systems, test set/special test equipment, ground system applications, or full stack development. Candidate should have experience working in a process oriented environment utilizing waterfall, spiral, or agile processes. Candidates should also have strong verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and be comfortable working inteams with software and other engineering disciplines
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 5+ years software development experience, or Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 3+ years of software development experience, or PhD Degree in a STEM discipline
- Ability to attain and maintain a government security clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Experience with multiple programming languages including C,C++,C#, Java, Python, or others
- Experience with multiple phases of the life cycle including software systems architecture development, requirements definition and analysis, OO development, code and unit test, system integration and test
- Experience in aerospace programs, embedded systems, test set software, ground systems applications, database design, or full stack development
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top