Principal Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Engineer Software 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA. Candidate will need to be able to obtain and maintain clearance with ability to obtain program clearance (SCI/SAP).
The selected candidate will develop flexible software solutions for hard real time, resource constrained systems. Development areas span 1) Multi-tasking operating systems for applications with hard real-time constraints, 2) Data management (file systems, and data reduction strategies), 3) Fault management approaches for operational resiliency and graceful degradation. Languages employed include C++ and Python. The selected candidate will also help support interface development, creation of design documentation, and test planning. Candidates will need to be clearable to TS / SCI, if not already, and will also require ability to attain SAP clearance.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, heavy multi-tasking, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and5 years of software engineering experience OR Master's Degree in STEM and3 years of software engineering experience OR PhD Degree in STEM
- The ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, with the ability for program access (SCI/SAP)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience developing software/writing code in C++ and Python
- Experience with object oriented software development practices
- Experience with the full software development life-cycle process
- Experience with embedded real-time software development for high-performance, resource-constrained systems
- Experience with UART, SPI, 1553, Synchronous Serial
- Experience with d ata reduction strategies
- Experience with f ault management
- Experience developing design and interface documentation
- Current active DoD Secret/Top Secret, or in scope SSBI or SCI/SAP clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top