Principal Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
Essential Functions: Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
- Full Lifecycle design, implementation, and unit testing of Cockpit Display Systems
- Work with various sub teams to integrate CDDC functionality with other IPTs
- Actively participate in code reviews
- Design and implement displays for the next generation of Northrop Grumman Products Meleng sfwas
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and5 years of software engineering experience OR - Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 3-years of software engineering experience
- Experience developing software/writing code in C++ or other OOP languages
- An active DoD Interim Secret orSecret level clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain program access
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering
- Should be familiar with aircraft systems/subsystems architectures (i.e., CNI, vehicle, cockpit, )
- Experience with Computer graphics and GUI frameworks.
- Knowledge of software performance optimizations and tuning
- Experience with Agile Development
- Strong Problem Solving Skills
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with OpenGL
- Experience with OS performance tuning
- Experience in UX Design
- Should be familiar with Atlassian tool suite with add-ons like GIT and confluence
- Should be familiar with Agile SW development process
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top