Principal Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principle Engineer Software (Software Engineer 3) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals supporting the Joint STARS program located in Melbourne, Florida.
Responsibilities will include deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems, and verify the software infrastructure is running smoothly. The role requires you to have hands on technical experience and a can do approach towards environment automation and management along with continuous improvements. You will be a team member working in agile development process. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of application builds, releases, deployment along with configuration activities. Your responsibilities will include working with internal business partners to gather requirements, prototyping, and architecting complex solutions supporting the building and test plan execution, performing quality reviews, and triaging and fixing operational issues.
The Software Engineer will assist with the integration, troubleshooting and testing of implemented software changes. The ideal candidate will have the ability to take ownership of an ambiguous hard problems and drive to a solution, while working in a team environment. It is critical that you understand the software development life cycle and have an in-depth knowledge of automated testing to facilitate and analyze large data sets. The Software Engineer will develop, modify and maintain customized or standardized Communication subsystem applications and services, using software engineering best practices and standards. The Software Engineer will participate in the full life-cycle of software development, to include requirements development, modeling and design, application development, unit to CSCI testing, integration, formal system testing, release, installation, and maintenance. The Software Engineer will apply technical expertise in solving complex integrations problems. The Software Engineer will interact with Program Management, external suppliers and/or government customers.
Contingency:Requires an active DoD Interim Secret clearance or higher to start.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and5 years of software engineeringOR
- Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 3 years of software engineering OR
- PhD in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- RHEL (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) and Microsoft Windows development experience
- Experience developing software / writing code in C/C++, Java, or other OOP languages
- Must hold an active DoD Interim Secret or Secret level clearance to start
- Experience with configuration management using industry standard tools and processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and Strong interpersonal skills
Back to top