Principal Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
- Work with the lead test engineer and a team of software developers to establish and develop test methods and techniques
- Perform integration testing, regression testing, and formal qualification testing in an agile software development environment
- Document software problems and verify fixes
- Design, develop, and maintain software test plans, software test cases, software test procedures, and automated software tests in compliance with program functional, technical, and performance requirements
- Troubleshoot and modify test tools and test scripts
- Generate software test data, perform test analysis, and develop test documentation
- Participate in the formal software inspection process, customer meetings, and user events
- Provide support to customer testers during acceptance testing, including test procedure walkthroughs, documentation of testing issues and test results, and answering questions on system functionality
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance as well as Program Special Access within a reasonable amount of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs
We offer flexible work arrangements, great learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of experience as a software engineer OR
- Master's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 3 years of experience as a software engineer OR
- PhD degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university and 0 years of experience in software engineering
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special Access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs
- Knowledgeable in high assurance software, flight critical software (DO-178), ARINC Standards, CMMI (3-5), hardware/software interfaces, programming of embedded processor utilizing Real Time Operating System (RTOS), real-time and post processing data analytics, object oriented programming, design patterns
- Proficient in WindRiver VxWorks development environments
- VectorCast (source code coverage tool)
- Experience with Air Worthiness certification process
- Experience with Real Time Component Framework (RTCF)
- Experience with Atlassian Tool Suite
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- SCRUM master certification or experience in a SCRUM master role
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top