Principal Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Candidate will be working on the Eagle-3 Spacecraft Flight Software modernization effort. Will be responsible for modifying the existing code base to re-architect the software with the ultimate goal of reducing reuse costs. The code will be redesigned with modularity in mind as well as usage of more real-time concepts and methodologies. The end product will have logical insertion points to handle accommodation needs across all of the Eagle-3 related programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM related field (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics)
- 5 years professional experience in software engineering with Bachelor's Degree in a STEM or3 years experience with a STEM Master's Degree
- Must be well versed in C programming with experience in real-time embedded systems.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance
- VxWorks RTOS experience highly preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top