Principal Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Manhattan Beach, CA.
The selected candidate will design, implement, and sustain software to support manufacturing and test in a lab environment supporting various space, aircraft, and ground systems.
- Serve as the point of contact for one or more test sets
- Develop software to automate testing of RF, Power, Digital, or Mixed Signal devices that range from chips to subsystems.
- Develop and maintain tools for data trending and post processing.
- Understand the domain of the devices under test, including the test methodologies and the respective instrumentation.
- Provide innovative solutions that decrease test time, decrease data review time, or improve quality of data
- Work closely with multiple stakeholders, including test engineers, responsible design engineers, and system engineers
- Provide timely support on the factory floor to ensure minimal delays in test
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, heavy multi-tasking, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and5 years of software engineering experience OR Master's Degree in STEM and3 years of software engineering experience
- Active SCI clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience developing and troubleshooting test set software and instrument automation
- Familiarity with RF instrumentation as well as RF testing methodology
- Experience developing software in LabVIEW
- Experience working closely with hardware engineers and with multiple stakeholders
- Experience with aerospace industry software development practice
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top