Principal Software Dev Analyst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Principal Systems Analyst to join our Enterprise Services' Information Technology Solutions team in Minnetonka, MN. (Additional NGIS/NGC locations may be considered).
Role description & Responsibilities
The principal systems analyst will be a member of a team responsible for the planning, installation, configuration, deployment and production support of Innovations Systems sector systems such as enterprise resource planning and time reporting applications. These applications support business critical operations across the continental United States with team members rotating 24x7 on-call support.
- Install, configure, deploy and provide production support for systems such as Deltek Costpoint, Deltek Shop Floor Time and Deltek Time and Expense.
- Define, plan and complete development, test and production deliverables in coordination with system stakeholders.
- Define, create and deploy software builds in coordination with integration and extension developers.
- Deploy scheduled monthly releases to production after standard business hours.
- Perform and continuously improve systems management processes, procedures, and documentation.
- Ensure compliance with applicable system security and governance policies.
- Support incident response, root cause and corrective action processes.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support 25% of the time.
Skills & Knowledge Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal, oral, andwritten communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a virtual team.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively acquire and apply new skills.
- Demonstrated ability to takeinitiative and achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to manage enterprise applications in a disciplined manner (Deltek Costpoint, Deltek Shop Floor Time and Deltek Time and Expense preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems across the solution stack (operating system, database, application server, application and client)
- Experience managing high availability application configurations.
- Experience managing systems subject to security and external audit review (SOX, DCAA, and DCMA).
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system technologies (administrative tools, services, PowerShell, system shares and permissions).
- Strong working knowledge of Java application server technologies (WebLogic preferred)
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle database concepts and demonstrated ability to perform analysis and maintenance tasks using SQL.
- Working knowledge of software configuration management and version control tools.
- Knowledge of financial and material management business processes.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing multi-tiered applications.
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or equivalent in education and workexperience.
- Candidates must be a US Citizenand have the ability to obtain a U.S. government security clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top