Principal Software Configuration Analyst / Sr Principal Software Configuration Analyst
- Melbourne, FL
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Software Configuration Analyst / Sr Principal Software Configuration Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
- Develop and maintain software configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and delivery of both internally developed and externally purchased commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software products.
- Perform configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new software product operating parameters are documented, comply with standard hardware configurations, and are logistically sustainable.
- Analyze proposed changes of product design to determine effect on overall product and system.
- Coordinate modification records for management control.
- Establish change orders and prepare for change authorization and documentation by company and subcontractor.
- Design, develop, automate, and maintain productivity tools using programming, database or scripting languages to improve software modeling and development.
- Design and implement build procedures that are used to support software product development and use.
- May develop software configuration standards for company-wide use. May train software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisiton may be filled at either a Principal Software Configuration Analyst level or a Sr Principal Software Configuration Analyst level.
- The Basic Qualifications for the Principal Software Configuration Analyst are a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university and 5 years of software configuration analyst or software development experience -OR- a Master's Degree from an accredited university and 3 years of software configuration analyst or software development experience. The Basic Qualifications for the Sr. Principal Software Configuration Analyst are
a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university and 9 years of software configuration analyst or software development experience -OR- a Master's Degree from an accredited university and 7 years of software configuration analyst or software development experience.
- Must have an Active In-scope DoD Secret Clearance that has been granted/renewed within the past 5 years
- The ability to obtain Special Program Access (SAP) clearance before establishing a start date (contingency)
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of software configuration analyst or software development experience -OR-
- A Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 3 years of software configuration analyst or software development experience
- Experience with Agile Software development framework such as Scrum and Atlassian Tools such as Jira, Confluence, Fisheye, Crucible, BitBucket, and/or Bamboo
- Knowledge of software configuration management tools; the candidate should understand CM/Release Management best practices.
- Current Special Program Access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top