Principal Software Configuration Analyst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software Configuration Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
- Develop and maintain software configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and delivery of both internally developed and externally purchased commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software products.
- Perform configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new software product operating parameters are documented, comply with standard hardware configurations, and are logistically sustainable.
- Support training software developers or provide training to large groups in the use of configuration management tools and Software Configuration processes.
- Maintain Software Library
- Perform Functional Configuration Audits & Physical Configuration Audits
- Evaluate and ensure the overall capability and quality management system of software suppliers by way of pre-contract supplier surveys, surveillance audits, product reviews, formal milestone reviews, and test witnessing.
- Examine the products associated with the preparation and configuration control of software test environments to assess the team's readiness to enter formal testing
- Coordinate configured builds for test and delivery
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university and 5 years of software configuration analyst or software development experience -OR- Master's Degree from an accredited university and 3 years of software configuration analyst or software development experience
- Active DoD secret clearance and ability to obtain program clearance
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- Experience with Agile Software development framework such as Scrum and Atlassian Tools such as Jira, Confluence, Insight, Fisheye, Crucible, BitBucket, and/or Bamboo
- Experience using software configuration management tools to manage baselines and support product release.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communication, writing, and editing skills
- Security+ Certification
- Active, in scope DoD Top Secret
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top