Principal Simulation Software Engineer
- Dulles, VA
Since the dawn of the space age, Northrop Grumman has put innovative products and ideas into orbit, on the Moon, and beyond - from systems engineering, spacecraft manufacturing, precision sensors, space instrument design, ground stations development, and revolutionary launch vehicles. Help shape the future of Space exploration as an integral part of Northrop Grumman. Join an organization working to put the first woman and the next man on the moon in 2024 and develop the next steps toward human space missions to Mars through our human habitat in cislunar space. At Northrop Grumman, we are launching careers into orbit.
Job Description: Simulation Software Engineer
We are seeking Simulation Software Engineer for the following responsibilities:
- Develop satellite simulation test platforms for flight software development and testing.
- Select off-the-shelf hardware or design hardware to simulate satellite component interfaces (actuators, sensors, and payloads) to flight computers.
- Develop software models and interfaces between hardware and satellite simulation models.
- Define satellite simulation test platform harnessing based on satellite flight harness and test hardware specs.
- Interface with hardware engineers to design, build, test, and verify satellite simulation test platforms.
- Work with engineers to integrate and debug system test platform hardware and software.
- BS degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience (or MS Degree with 2 years will suffice)
- Extensive C/C++ experience is required
- US Citizenship is required for this position as well as the ability to obtain a Top Secret with SCI clearance
- A n active TS/SCI clearance is preferred
- System interface experience preferred: Digital, Analog, RS-422 synchronous serial and UART, MIL-STD-1553, Space Wire, LVDS
- Visual Studio, Subversion CM tool, Python is a plus
- National Instruments data acquisition cards experience a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top