Principal Signal Image Processing Engineer
- Woodland Hills, CA
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Algorithmic Warfare team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Principal Signal Image Processing Engineer based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
• Design signal processing algorithms to extract signals from noisy data.
• Probe large quantities of sensor data to uncover, understand, and exploit complex phenomenology.
• Develop and apply artificial intelligence and machine learning approaches to accomplish mission objectives.
• Prototype algorithms in MATLAB, IDL, Python, C, and/or C++.
• Measure algorithm performance as applied to a variety of sensor data.
• Collaborate with a software engineering team to facilitate algorithm implementation in real-time code.
• Present technical progress at technical review meetings, and documenting results via written reports.
• Bachelor's Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline with 5 years
of technical experience; Master's Degree with 3 years of technical experience; PhD with 0 years experience.
• Demonstrated success developing technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity
• Must be a U.S. citizen with an active DoD Top Secret clearance.
• Experience in any of the following areas is highly desired: data analysis, artificial intelligence, machine learning, signal processing, statistical decision theory, detection and tracking, classification, modeling and simulation, and algorithm development, particularly as applied to complex sensor systems.
• Experience with remote sensing data, such as radar, EO/IR, multi or hyper-spectral, acoustics.
• Proficiency with scientific prototyping languages such as MATLAB, IDL, Python, or Mathematica. Familiarity with signal processing algorithm design and implementation in C or C++, and real-time parallel processing.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
What We Can Offer You:
• Health Plan
• Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Additional benefits
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top