Principal / Senior Principal Systems Administrator
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Mission Planning Software team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Systems Administrator based out of Point Mugu, CA.
The Systems Administrator would be supporting ourcustomer (Navy) and joining theirAirborne Electronic Attack (AEA)IT team. Thisposition hastwo main focuses. The first focus would be designing, implementing, and maintaining custom networks and network solutions in a lab environment. Thisrequires our-of-the box thinking and innovation todesign and implement some home-grown IT Network solutions for the Navycustomer. The second focus would be functioning as a Help Desk POC for the customer and fielding IT related questions and requests.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Project Management, computer/network systems administration, analysis, design, and programming.
- Maintain, support, and develop classified networks, disaster recovery, servers, firewalls, and computers as required by IPT laboratories.
- Install new applications as required.
- Provide technical user support to local personnel, including occasional night and weekend events.
- Perform Information Assurance functions and documentation.
- Optimize performance of the networks/systems and diagnose/recover failed systems.
- Manage procurement actions in support of approved plans and daily maintenance.
- Support security requirements.
- Provide technical support in the form of guidance, leadership, direction, and recommendation to both laboratory personnel and customers as applicable.
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
- To be considered for a Band 3: Bachelor's degree with6 years of relevant experience; Master's with4 years of relevant experience.
- To be considered for a Band 4: Bachelor's degree with10 years of relevant experience; Master's with8 years of relevant experience.
- Extensive knowledge required in applications including Windows Server and desktop environments, all Microsoft Office products, and legacy systems and applications.
- Knowledge required on network hardware, including switches, hubs, routers, and fiber.
- Experience with performance tuning tools and techniques and system diagnostic tools and fault identification.
- Experience with system diagnostic tools and fault identification techniques sufficient to install and maintain software and hardware.
- Per DoDI 8570.1, this position requires the ability to obtain and maintain an information assurance certification.
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Current Security+ Certification
- Current Cloud Certified Security Professional (CCSP) Certification
- Linux Experience/Knowledge
- Database Experience ie SQL
- Knowledge/Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Back to top