Principal / Senior Principal Engineer -Deputy Engineering Project Manager
At Northrop Grumman, our work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technologies protects. It's the value of innovation that makes a difference today and tomorrow. Here you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful; where employees share experience, insights, perspectives and creative solutions through integrated product & cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups. From engineering and manufacturing, to operations and business development, Northrop Grumman's Sunnyvale location offers the opportunity to serve national security and impact the lives of Americans all over the globe from the landscape of Northern California. Don't just build a career, build a life at Northrop Grumman Sunnyvale.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems seeks a Principal or Senior Principal Systems Engineer (Deputy Engineering Manager) to join our team and lead the execution of engineering activities in support of a development program within our Submarine and Carrier Power Systems Operating Units. The position is a high-growth-potential business facing role that reports through the Engineering, Western Region function for the Sunnyvale, California location.
Youwill lead a diverse engineering team and be responsible for the end to end technical performance, cost, schedule, quality, and staffing for a portion of a development program. This position requires multi-disciplined knowledge in all areas related to engineering including systems design, hardware, and integration and test.You will support the Engineering Manager in overseeing engineering program planning and execution, Earned Value Management System (EVMS) reporting, briefings and providing overall leadership and coordination of a multi-disciplined Engineering team.
Youwill interface with multiple disciplines including internal Executive Management, Program Management, Manufacturing, Global Supply Chain, Business Management, suppliers, and customers.You will also create and develop tools to support the Engineering team in executing projects.
This position can be filled at the Principal Engineer or Senior Principal Engineer level.
Principal Engineer Systems
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math), and 5+ years of relevant work experience; or Master of Science degree in a STEM discipline and 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience withproject management tools (scheduling, earned value, etc)
- US Citizen with ability to obtain Secret clearance
Senior Principal Engineer Systems
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math), and 9+ years of relevant work experience; or Master of Science degree in a STEM discipline and 7+ years of relevant work experience
- 4+ years of experience as a technical project lead (e.g. IPT lead, functional lead, or equivalent)
- Experience summarizing and communicating status reports to technical leadership at a level higher than immediate management
- US Citizen with ability toobtainSecret clearance
- Educational background in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Systems Engineering
- Experience in technical problem solving to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring
- Experience in Program/Project management of hardware intensive programs
- Ability to act as a liaison to the customer for engineering efforts
- Prior military or government contract experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel including macro creation
- Microsoft proficiency in Word, Powerpoint,and Sharepoint
- Programming skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top