Principal RF Microwave Design Engineer
- Xenia, OH
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems (NGAS) is looking for you to join our growing team as a Principal RF Microwave Design Engineer at our advanced facility in Beavercreek, OH. We are a unique blend of scientists, engineers, and technicians that specialize in antennas, radomes, electromagnetics structures, and RF testing primarily for aerospace applications. We design and manufacture solutions for our war fighters to keep our country safe and maintain peace on a global scale. Our electrical group is afforded the opportunity to work on state-of-the-art designs, primarily for classified applications, in both team and individual settings. Our employees are equipped with the latest hardware and software tools and advance recurring training to stay on the cutting edge.
Beavercreek is one of a few facilities that allows exposure to the full life cycle of highly technical products. You'll be working side-by-side with some of the best engineering talent in the country. Our multi-faceted team consists of engineers and scientist with backgrounds in electrical / EM, CEM, RF test, mechanical, structural, thermal, CFD, material science, process, and quality - all located at our Beavercreek location.
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
- Perform design and analysis of electromagnetic devices, primarily but not limited to antennas and radomes
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of complex challenging problems; solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives
- Execute with general direction; can independently determine and develop solutions
- Contribute to the completion of specific programs and projects
- Engage with multidisciplinary engineering teams to collaboratively realize designs and optimize for manufacture
- Support technical design reviews and provide guidance to program office
- Support engineering build and process planning as needed to ensure product success
- Author test procedures and support test reports as needed
- Support qualification and recurring test events to ensure compliance to requirements; major responsibility to RF test, but can also include qualification and ESS test events
The ideal candidate enjoys both theoretical design and hands on engineering tasks. You are inquisitive problem solver, self-sufficient, and determined with a positive attitude.
Travel can vary by program and tasks but is typically very minimal.
- US Citizenship, with ability to obtain and maintain Secret Clearance
- Ability to design and analyze electromagnetic devices (e.g. antennas, radomes)
- Bachelors degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) with 5+ years of relevant work experience; or Masters degree in a STEM discipline with 3+ years of relevant work experience; or PhD in a STEM discipline with 0+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience conveying technical information (both written and verbal)
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Active Secret Clearance
- Electrical Engineering degree
- Aerospace experience, particularly with Low Observables (Stealth)
- Experience in the design of Periodic Structures / Frequency Selected Surfaces (FSS)
- Experience with EM software analysis tools (e.g. HFSS, CST, FEKO)
- Basic programing experience (e.g. Matlab)
- Understanding of S-parameters, Gain and RCS measurements
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top