Principal Propulsion Development Engineer
- Redondo Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Propulsion Development Engineer to work in Redondo Beach, California.
Responsibilities include providing engineering support to design, development and hot fire testing of prototype propulsion systems, and combustion devices.
The successful candidate must have experience working with diverse technical teams, and experience with the design, analysis and test of liquid propulsion components. Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork are essential.
• Oversee and perform design optimization analysis, numerical analysis and experimental development of state-of-the-art fluid systems and components in rocket propulsion and other thermos-fluid and combustion related fields
• Support overall system / vehicle trade studies and participate in activities across various subsystems and disciplines
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 5 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 3 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Experience in computational tools, thermo-mechanical analysis, aerodynamics and fluid mechanics
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance and/or an SCI Clearance
- Active In-Scope DoD Secret Security Clearance and/or Active SCI Clearance
- Masters' Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Experience with design, manufacturing, integration and reactive testing of rocket engines and combustion devices
- Competency in MATLAB/Simulink, ROCETS, TDK, SINDA/FLUINT and/or similar analysis tools for rocket propulsion or fluid-thermal applications
- Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
Back to top