Principal Proposal Analyst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for aPrincipal Proposal Analyst 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
- Coordination and preparation of proposals including the development, application and documentation of various estimating techniques and methodologies
- Ensure compliance to the proposal process, conduct reviews, and provide recommendations to senior levels of management and the external customer Coordinate with other functional departments for the exchange of information and cost data collection and analysis
- Develop and provide analysis and recommendations to management and prepare and present proposal reviews to Program Management and the external customer as part of the negotiation process
- Required skills include extensive knowledge of various estimating methodologies including parametric estimating, contract knowledge, accounting practices and negotiation techniques
The ideal candidate will have a background in cost estimating and proposal development and have a good understanding of the entire proposal process form receipt of RFP to preparing the proposal, fact-finding, negotiation, definitizing the contract and issuing budgets. The candidate will also have a good understanding of various estimating techniques and how and when they are applicable and relevant. Candidate must have good communication, planning, and organizational skills, sound reasoning and mathematical skills, possess strong interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- Bachelor Degree
- 6years of proposal development experience or Master's Degree with4 years proposal experience
- Working knowledge of ProPricer
- Knowledge ofMicrosoft Office specifically advanced excel skills
- Familiarity with FAR and CAS requirements
- Thorough understanding of General Accounting Principles
- Familiarity with SAP and Business Warehouse
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top