Principal Proposal Analyst
- El Segundo, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Principal Proposal Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in El Segundo, CA.
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Full knowledge of industry practices.
- Performs fairly complex tasks and participates in determining objectives of assignment.
- Plan schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives.
- Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Price/Cost Analysis which includes, but are not limited, to the following:
- Supplier price/cost analysis and development of price/cost analysis report (PCAR)
- Provide an independent assessment on the reasonableness of supplier proposed price and cost
- Participate in fact-finding and/or audits with customer and/or US Government agencies including coordinating necessary support
- Participate as a member of the supplier fact-finding and negotiation team.
- Research and analyze historical data to develop price/cost recommendation
- Develops, plans and schedules proposals in accordance with Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements that impact the cost, labor, schedule or technical elements of the Global Supply Chain (GSC) organization
- Compiles cost, schedule, and technical elements in the development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications
- The Ideal candidate would possess estimating skills such as familiarity with application of the following terms: Government Contract Types, Incentive Fee Geometry -Escalation, Accounting Calendar, Period of Performance -Equivalent Person (EP), Level of Effort (LoE), Cost Estimating Relationship (CER), Parametric Estimate, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Cost Elements
- Theory behind Improvement Curves/ Learning Curves/ Quantity Adjustment Curve
Back to top