Principal Project Management
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Project Management 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne FL
- As an individual contributor, the candidate willsupport one primary and multiple secondary System Test IPT Managers in Melbourne.
- Management of day to day project execution
- CAM coordination/data gathering
- IMS data gathering
- IMOM / Risk coordination
- Global Supply Chain coordination for material / capital orders
- Program-level Product Team meeting support
- Product Team Status Reporting
- Risks/Opportunities Identification, Risk Analysis and Mitigation
- Schedule / performance monitoring between stakeholders and STT efforts
- Liaison between STT Product Team Managers/Chief Architect/Operations/PIT and other stakeholders, both internal and external.
- SharePoint & Program Tool Development and site maintenance
- Must be willing to travel on a needed basis, less than 25%
- Operational aspects of ongoing projects
- Meeting facilitation & attendance: drafting presentations, action item tracking & metrics.
- Provisioning Tasks (PCs, phone, badges, office locations & relocations [Archibus Tool])
- Security Clearance Submittals and Tracking
- Program on-boarding
- Special Assignments, as needed
- Assessment of project issues and resolution development with STT Product Team Leads to meet productivity, quality and both client satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Understanding of Integrated Master Framework and 5.0 Program Management processes and procedures.
- Adherence to NG processes and application to working internal projects to include the ability to maintain and develop processes.
- Working knowledge of program integration and execution and PM tools.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university and 6+ years of project management experience OR
- Master's Degree from an accredited university and 4+ years of project management experience
- A current DoD Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain program access .
- Working knowledge of Project Management principles
- Master's Degree from an accredited university
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top