Principal Program Planning Scheduling Analyst
- Melbourne, FL
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Principal Program Planning Scheduling Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in Melbourne, Florida.
- Ensures major projects and program schedules and plans are horizontally and vertically integrated across company functional groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality.
- Tracks plans and schedules, performs risk analysis and network logic conflicts.
- Utilizes Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention in critical areas.
- Manages scheduling statement of work (SOW) working with associated project controllers to ensure schedule and budget/forecast are consistent.
- Analyzes schedule for critical path, recognizing implications of changes and assists in the development and incorporation of work-around plans into the schedule when change is required.
- Develops necessary reports and metrics to enable management decisions.
- Utilizes the Earned Value Management (EVM) system to analyze schedules to ensure they are consistent with budgets and forecast.
- Provides integrated scheduling from proposal through execution phase of contract.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university and 6+ years of combined experience in Program/Project Management, Industrial Engineering, Earned Value Management, Business, Finance, or System Engineering; OR
- Master's Degree from an accredited university and 4+ years of combined experience in Program/Project Management, Industrial Engineering, Earned Value Management, Business, Finance, or System Engineering;
- 4+ years of creation, management, and experience with enterprise schedule development using Scheduling Software to include any of the following: MS Project, Primavera, Real Time Project, Open Plan or similar scheduling software
- 4+ years of experience in Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Must have intermediate to advance proficiency in creating, maintaining, and analyzing Excel spreadsheets with complex formulas.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Knowledge of MS Project or Schedule Risk Assessment Software, such as Primavera
- Proficient in Microsoft Project
- Aerospace/Defense Industry Experience
- Excel Macro/VBA Skills are desired
- Experience developing in Tableau
- Experience working in Microsoft Project Server
Back to top