Principal Program Cost Control Analyst - SECRET CLEARANCE
- Linthicum Heights, MD
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is seeking experienced and motivated professionals for the various Principal Program Control Analyst (PCA) roles in Business Management. Positions will be located in one of our Mission Systems Sector facilities in Linthicum (BWI), Maryland.
Ideal candidates must be able to make sound decisions in a timely manner, display strong interpersonal and leadership skills, and follow compliance protocol. This position will interface with leadership, program managers, functional management, control account managers (CAMs), and business managers to provide financial support and analysis to meet program requirements.
Roles and responsibilities could encompass the following and vary slightly depending on specific position, program, or business unit to which you are assigned:
- Generate program performance measurement baselines (PMB) and implement approved changes
- Perform analyses and prepare reports to ensure program contracts are within negotiated, agreed-upon parameters, government cost control guidelines, and accounting guidelines
- Perform analyses and prepare program financial reports for internal and external customers relative to program cost incurrence, material tracking, and labor spending
- Identify and mitigate program cost and schedule risk
- Coordinate and prepare program financial forecasting and reporting, the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), and the Labor Resource Plan
- Facilitate, monitor, and forecast program financing mechanisms including Accounts Receivable, Advanced Payments, and Performance Based Payments
- Support program audits, reviews, and fact-finding as requested by program customers, audit agencies, and company management
- Support program cost estimate development, customer proposals, and negotiation
- Perform Earned Value Management (EVM) tasks including developing the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and performance measurement baseline (PMB), monitoring and analyzing the Estimate to Complete (ETC), Estimate at Complete (EAC), significant variances, risk management reserve (MR), and financial reserve (FR), and preparing of internal and external status reports
- Prepare and present complex financial analysis to executive level management and external customers
- Work cooperatively with the business, functional, and technical staff to address internal and external customer requests Provide guidance on relevant financial policies and procedures
- Participant in knowledge transfer activities and best practice sharing to facilitate development of the Business Management workforce
- Provide sector wide training on Program Control, Earned Value, and other financial topics to the Business Management community, as needed
Back to top