Principal Program Cost Control Analyst, Redondo Beach (TS and/or SCI Clearance Required)
- Redondo Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Strategic Space Systems is seeking a Principal Program Cost Control Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in Redondo Beach, CA.
The Principal Program Cost Control Analyst will report to the Manager of Project Controls and will be responsible for supporting Northrop Grumman Corporation Strategic Space Systems programs in compliance with Earned Value Management System (EVMS) requirements and program implementation. This role requires the candidate to have an active TS and/or SCI Clearance.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Set up cost control system, monitors and controls costs and schedules on Contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system
- Maintain Earned Value Management System (EVMS) compliance including cost/schedule integration
- Perform analyses and prepares reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines
- Prepare and maintain spend plans; develop and review Estimates at Complete (EACs); incorporate changes into the EVMS system in order to maintain cost and schedule baselines
- Assist Control Account Managers (CAMs) with EVMS activities including: Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) development and alignment; time-phasing of tasks; developing and documenting earned value methodologies; performance measurement; estimate to complete analysis and updates and variance analysis research and reporting
- Create financial charts in support of program management and program reviews; identify cost impacts and develop recovery plans as required
- Responsible for actuals reconciliation, budget change requests and ensuring proper accounting
- Incorporate contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines
- An active DoD Top Secret and/or SCI Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree with 5 years' experience in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting to include Program Cost Control and Planning, or a Master's Degree and 3 years of stated experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Master's Degree
- Working experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS)
- Experience with financial control concepts and principles to solve business issues
- Proficiency of the following systems or software: Micro-Frame Program Manager (MPM) or similar project management software, wInsight, SAP Management Project System Modules and Business Warehouse (BW)
Back to top