Principal Process Improvement Champion
Northrop Grumman is an industry leader in missile defense with an extensive record of successful performance. To meet DOD's priorities regarding the evolving ballistic missile threat, Northrop Grumman harnesses the disruptive force of digital
transformation and applies innovative software-driven and hardware-enabled solutions into new and existing warfighter systems to deliver decisive advantage.
With decades of experience as the prime contractor/strategic partner on mission-critical missile defense programs that secure the homeland and defend our allies, Northrop Grumman is a premier provider of reliable, secure and affordable
transformational missile defense solutions. NG is a strategic partner on the GMD program. As the lead on G round S ystems, we have successfully performed this work for over 20 years since program inception.
Defines, designs and implements continuous improvement programs to ensure programs are integrated vertically and horizontally across organization. Defines improvement projects aligned with business strategies. Analyzes improvement programs and potential results. Facilitates and coaches improvement teams. Establishes and maintains performance metrics to measure program success. Installs process excellence supports for program governance, project reviews, communications, training, certifications and rewards. May have six-sigma or Lean certification.
Bachelor's degree with 6 years of the following experience OR 4 years with a Master's degree.
Familiarity or Experience with the following:
- Program specific process tailoring to align with company policies/procedures and contractual requirements (including milestones and deliverables)
- Developing/authoring and managing program/team specific process documents
- Developing and facilitating process-related training
- AS9100 and/or CMMI
- Gap analysis activities
- Root Cause Analysis methodology and problem solving
- Corrective & preventive action planning
- Cross-team collaboration
- AS9100 Lead Auditor Certification (preferably Rev D)
- Green Belt (or above) Certification
- Agile familiarity
- Experience Leading process improvement teams
- AS9100 and/or CMMI audit experience
- Risk-based process audit experience/knowledge
- Integrated process & product development methodology
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top