Principal Process Improvement Analyst/Sr Prncpl Prcs Imprvmt Analyst
- Chandler, AZ
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Continuous Improvement Specialist is responsible for supporting our cultural transformation from an Engineering and Technology Company to a Continuous Improvement focused Manufacturing Company. Their day-to-day job will include data collection and analysis, leadership coaching, mentoring managers and team members, supporting continuous improvement projects and activities, and motivating team members to follow continuous improvement behaviors and systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Promote cultural change through employee engagement
- Facilitate Strategy Deployment throughout the organization
- Align systems and tools with behaviors and principles to fulfill business objectives
- Ensure the entire workforce is engaged in continuous improvement
- Communicate progress and issues through visual, verbal, and written methods to stakeholders and business leaders
- Understand and communicate the health of the continuous improvement culture
- Develop gap analysis with leaders and engage initiatives for improvement
- Improve the workforce problem solving ability through coaching and root cause problem solving
- Be intolerant of repeat problems
- Facilitate continuous improvement training, simulations, and cross functional project teams
- Conduct time studies, perform data analysis, and define the current state for both manufacturing and business processes
- Participate / lead cross functional teams to identify and eliminate the 7 deadly wastes
- Project manage multiple continuous improvement projects including publishing meeting minutes and action items
- Support day-to-day activities including meeting invitations, A3 updates, following up on actions, etc.
- Change Management - Experience leading major organizational change and transformation
- Lean Mindset - Fully understands lean principles with a solid working knowledge of lean tools
- Flexibility - Ability to work in ambiguous situations and temporarily work across shifts if required
- Demonstrated Change Agent - Experience leading diverse cross functional teams to higher performance
- Goal Oriented - Driven to achieve objectives on time and within budget
- Process Focus - Sees the world as interdependent processes
- Analytical - Applies Lean (TPS) / Six Sigma skills and experience to identify and quantify improvement opportunities
- Influence - Uses positive influence techniques to drive Lean behaviors
- Problem Solving - Uses formal problem solving methods to identify, contain and resolve manufacturing, transactional and engineering problems
- Leadership - Comfortable leading teams engaged in continuous improvement activities
- Technical Skills - Value Stream & Process Mapping, Root Cause Analysis, Visual Management, Time Studies, and Data Analysis
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains positive working relationships with peers, leadership, and team members when interacting on difficult systematic problems
- Self-Development - Strives to continuously build own knowledge and skills
Job Specifications (Qualifications) to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Advanced Microsoft Office, Project, and Visio. Intermediate MS SharePoint and SQL is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Lean or Six Sigma certification is required.
Education/Work experience:Minimum Education / Experience: 10 Years with Bachelors; 8 Years with Masters
Minimum Education / Experience: 10 Years with Bachelors; 8 Years with Masters
*This position may be filled by a higher grade based on qualifications
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top