Principal Ordnance Design Engineer
- West Valley City, UT
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently looking for a Principal Ordnance Design Engineer to work in our Bacchus (Magna) or Promontory, UT location.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Principal Ordnance Design Engineer is responsible for the development, qualification, and sustainment of energetic and pyrotechnic systems, sub-systems, and components for propulsion elements within our major launch vehicle and missile systems. The Principal Design Engineer will be responsible for developing new systems and system upgrades by managing supplier requirements and integrated changes in a disciplined, broad reaching process, to ensure our propulsion systems perform to specification and satisfy every customer need.
Within Northrop Grumman Space Systems, Ordnance Design Engineering, provides a gateway to many other opportunities and could include project engineering, systems engineering, and engineering management.
- Analyze the needs of the system and translate into verifiable performance and design requirements to be flowed to ordnance suppliers.
- Manage the technical elements of qualifying and maintaining energetic hardware.
- Determine qualification methodology and approach.
- Evaluate results of verification processes and validate results against system requirements
- Integrate customer directed changes into the system and facilitate implementation of changes within a change management system.
- Create and Manage Change Requests, Drawing updates, and other related engineering command media.
- Work with the project Chief Engineer, Program Manager, and other supporting organizations Quality, DCMA, DD&I, to service the needs of operations and our customers.
- Coordinate and communicate with all stakeholders, including customers, all things related to ordnance.
Back to top