Principal or SR Principal Steam & Test Facility Technical Lead Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Principal or SR Principal Steam & Test Facility Technical Lead Engineer based out of Sunnyvale, CA.
The Principal or SR Principal Steam & Test Facility Technical Lead (TFTL) Engineer will have primary responsibility for the safe and timely operation of the Test Facility including all electrical systems, steam boilers, feedwater systems, cooling systems, lubricating oil, control, hydraulic, safety and backup systems, while testing high-value turbine driven marine propulsion and power generation systems. The TFTL will ensure that all system integrity is maintained in compliance with all CA State and local codes, regulations and operational requirements, as well as specific site and program procedures and directives. The TFTL will also provide technical support and leadership for the six-member Test Facility engineering team as well as support the test system operations team while units are on test.
What Else You'll get to Do:
- Develop new processes, improve existing manufacturing processes, and develop the required tooling and fixtures with an excellent team of experienced assembly mechanics, machinists, welders and engineers.
- Evaluate existing test facility processes and systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices within the manufacturing and test environment.
- Develop efficient process flows and sequences of operations, optimized test facility layouts, manage bills of materials, and create detailed drawings, work instructions, process procedures and tooling requirements with emphasis on safety, foreign object elimination and steam plant equipment/system maintenance.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and implementation of new capital equipment for establishing reduced operational costs, increased flexibility and expanded test facility capabilities.
- Support final acceptance testing of product and provide technical leadership and support to test facility operation.
This is a dual level req and can be filled as a Principal Steam & Test Facility Technical Lead Engineer 3 and as a SR Principal Steam & Test Facility Technical Lead Engineer 4.
Back to top