Principal Operations Research Analyst 3, System Dev/Admin
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Operations Research Analyst3, System Dev/Admin, Tool Developer, who will supportSpace Programs, located at our Redondo Beach, CA site. The individual must be able to work independently on multiple concurrent programs and proposals. Must have an active DoD Top Secret clearance and/or SSBI with SCI access eligibility to be considered for this position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develops tools and apply business analytics to Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) to obtain a quantitative, logical basis for decision making
- Understands schedule preparation process and IMS tools development to meet program objectives
- Devises measuring techniques and statistical models to measure schedule compliance
- Ensures program schedules are horizontally and vertically integrated
- Develops Formulas, Macros, and Tools for MS Project Professional 2013 Enterprise
- Administers SQL Server, SharePoint, Project Server
- Ability to effectively work with multiple developers, schedulers and the Program/Project Manager to understand requirements and developing proposed software solutions.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- SQL Server 2014-2017 Administration: SQL Analysis Services, SQL Reporting Services
- SharePoint Administration
- Project Server 2013-2016: Administration and Application development
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project Professional 2013 Scheduling Software
- Proficiency in Visual Basic and MS Excel
* Must have an active DoD Top Secret clearance and/or SSBI with SCI access eligibility to be considered for this position
* Security+ Certifications or ability to obtain Security+ Certification within first 2 months
* Master's inaSTEM field
* Data Visualization: Power BI/Tableau
* Exposure to Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) development, baseline, and management
Knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM) principles
* Ability to perform detailed schedule, resource, work, and cost analysis and make recommendations to solve problems
* Implements scheduling best practices and apply compliance requirements as prescribed by industry to include, but not limited to:
o DCMA 14-point
o IPMR DI-MGMT-81861
o Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
o Critical Path Analysis
o Schedule Risk Analysis (SRA)
o Schedule Performance and Health Metrics and Analysis
* Determine schedule risk and opportunities through data analytics
* Exposure to Aerospace Industry and Defense Acquisition programs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top