Principal Numerical Control (NC) Programmer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Numerical Control Programmer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
This position develops and writes programs for numerically controlled machines using engineering specifications and drawings. Analyzes engineering drawings to define configuration of parts and determine type and sequence of machine operations. Develops programs for machining parts, tools, or sheet metal on numerically controlled machine tools. Makes proper cutter selections for each part, taking into consideration such factors as speeds, types of cutters, feeds, and control system limitations. Selects program routines for the most efficient computer calculation of dimensional and machining requirements for each part. Tests and modifies existing parts programs for engineering changes or program improvements.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED and 9 years of machining or programming experience OR a Bachelor degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) field and 5 years of machining or programming experience OR a Master's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) field and 3 years of machining or programming experience
- Knowledge of material and process parameters including feeds and speeds
- Ability to perform material removal rate and other automated manufacturing calculations
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOD secret clearance
- Experience with project management and systems engineering
- EVMS (Earned value management system)
- Advanced aerospace coatings applications
- Low Observable technology
- Manufacturing Production Automation
- Robotics and advanced manufacturing technologies
- Experience using NX CAM, Vericut VCS/VCP, NC Programming, virtual simulation, Process Simulate, Cenit .
- Ply Cutting, Milling, Fiber Placement, Trim/Drilling, NDI.
- Ability to select and optimize cutter types for various machining processes. NC Programming experience using NX CAM environment
- Experience programming both conventional and multiple axis configurations typically gantry and / or robotic varieties
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top