Principal Network Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Networking Engineer to join our team of highly skilled and motivated engineers at Northrop Grumman's Autonomous Design Center of Excellence in San Diego, California.
You'll be joining the Electronics& Payloads(E&P) organization. The E&Porganization delivers innovative and effective ground and airborne mission subsystem and control solutions for our system operators' current and emerging missions, by utilizing industry leading processes and tools. E&P is responsible for many mission critical subsystems such as RF Communications, IP Networks, Radar, SIGINT, Electronic Warfare, EO/IR, Full Motion Video, Ground Moving Target Indicator, Weapons, Mission Management Computers, and Ground Control Systems.
- Conduct research, design, development, integration, and testing of embedded processing systems and network storage devices/recorders.
- Work closely with Engineers and Technicians in a lab environment.
- Design networking architectures utilizing Cisco Internetwork Operating System (IOS) based Routers and Switches.
- Integrate processing and mass storage systems with Line-of-Sight (LOS) and Beyond Line-of-Sight (BLOS) communication systems.
- Implement cyber security and anti-tamper technologies into processing, storage, and networking solutions.
- Develop technical specifications, analyzes hardware configuration and processing solutions, and tests hardware conformance to specifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of Engineering experience or 3 years with a Master's Degree or 0 years with PhD in a STEM related field.
- Must have Communication/Networking Engineering experience with an understanding of embedded computing systems.
- Must have current active in-scope DoD Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain Special Program Access.
- Master's Degree Engineering or related technical discipline from an accredited university and 3 years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Top Secret Clearance
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate across program level (management, engineers, and technical leads), and negotiate / integrate different viewpoints.
- Experience with integrating and testing networks and communication systems or component subsystems.
- Familiarity with Storage (NAS), Network File System (NFS),and Storage Area Network (SAN) storage devices/recorders.
- Familiarity with LOS and BLOS communications systems, networking architectures, cyber security, and anti-tamper technologies.
- Familiarity with Cisco Internetwork Operating System (IOS), Routers, and Switches
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top