Principal Network Engineer
- Redondo Beach, CA
Do you want to work at an international company with endless opportunities for growth and advancement? Are you eager to join a trust-based, globally-connected team, where your contributions will define what's possible?
We are looking for team members who want to solve interesting, complex problems, which protect our nation. Your talents and passion are most important to us. If you don't know a language, program, or platform, we will teach you! Become a part of our enthusiastic teams where we have fun working together and take pride in our contributions to the nation's safety.
The Infrastructure Sub-IPT is a dedicated IT team working as part of a larger ground segment IPT for a space system program. The effort includes COTS hardware and software integration, test, deployment, and support. Some travel will be required.
What you'll get to do?
You will perform installation and configuration of network products: switches, routers and firewalls. Installation activities include: initial setup following standard configuration guidelines, cabling, labeling, documentation and checkout. Ongoing tasks include: connection additions, moves and changes, monitoring, plus problem s resolution.
What does success look like?
As a successful employee, you will:
- Be an active and integral member of your team
- Channel your enthusiasm to innovate
- Be part of a supportive team that develops and deploys technologies that matter to our national security
- Work with agility, flexibility, and collaboration to explore creative ideas
As an employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package which including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Education Assistance
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible schedules, like the ability to work a 9/80 work schedule. The 9/80 schedule allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work
- Bachelor's Degree with 5 years of related experience; Master's Degree with 3 years of related experience
- Ability to rack and stack hardware with consideration for airflow, power, ground and weight
- Experience in developing networks from design through implementation
- Experience with network test gear to resolve technical issues at all layers of OSI model
- Current DoD TS or SCI Clearance
- Ability to obtain SAP Clearance
- Ability to obtain Security+ Certification
- Experience configuring routers for EIGRP, OSPF, IP Multicast Protocols
- Experience configuring firewalls
- VMWare installation and operations
- Serial data communication
- Information Assurance experience related to Certification and Accreditation
- System Admin knowledge for Linux, Windows, and VxWorks
Back to top