Principal Network Communications
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Principal Network Communications to maintain smooth operation of local area, worldwide and Virtual Private Networks (VPN) at Palmdale Ca. Successful candidate will plan, evaluate, and coordinate installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings. Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions. Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems. May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment. May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
- 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD. In lieu of formal education, 9 years of applied experience may be considered.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends.
- Must be familiar with IT assets procurement
- Individual must be willing to work outside of normally scheduled times, after hours support, and extended work days.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days- a-week, and 365 days a year.
- Must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel. Must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements such as chemical warfare training and immunizations that may include anthrax and smallpox.
- Candidate must possess an active DoD Secret security clearance and be able to maintain that clearance and has the ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days from submission.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance
- Requirements Capture
- Test and Implementation
- Integrated Maintenance Data System
- Unix/Solaris Operating Systems and Principles
- Windows Server and Desktop versions.
- Wide Area (WAN) and Local Area (LAN) networking
- Group policy design, testing and implementation
- Radio Frequency Transmission Systems
- Satellite Communications Systems
- Oracle RAC
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top