Principal Network Administrator
- Palmdale, CA
Support our entire enterprise and build the networks, staff the teams, and develop the processes that will keep us defining what's possible. We have opportunities across our enterprise with 90,000 team members throughout the world. The only limit to your growth is your ambition and drive. We want to empower you to bring your best, with resources, support, and talented team members that will launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified senior level Network Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Palmdale, CA area.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Maintains smooth operation of LAN/WAN/VPNs.
- Plans, designs, configures, and installs network hardware in support of customer requirements.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, switches, gateways, etc.
- Proposes solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
- Creates and ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
- Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of network infrastructure and associated systems.
- Install and configure Cisco routers, switches and firewalls.
- Implement and troubleshoot LAN technologies such as VLANs, Trunking (port tagging), Spanning-Tree, and Port Security.
- Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems. Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
- Implement and troubleshoot WAN technologies such as EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, and telco circuits (T1, T3, OC3)
- Interface regularly with customers and manage customer installation timelines and deliverables to help facilitate successful deployments.
- Able to design and implement an enterprise network. Recommends data, voice or video network investment decisions to management and customers based on results of independent assessment of current and future network performance, stability, and network management issues.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, PowerPoint and Excel
- Master's degree with 3 years of IT experience; OR a Bachelor's degree 5 years of IT experience; OR an Associate's degree 7 years of IT experience; OR a High School Diploma/GED with 9 years of IT experience is required
- Experience designing and maintaining LAN & WAN based networks, managing routing protocols on large LAN environments, and experience with Cisco hardware (routers, switches, and firewalls) is required
- Must have a DOD 8570 IAT level 2 baseline certification (example: Security+ CE); OR must have the ability to obtain one within 6 months of start date
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work after hours, and weekends, as needed
- Candidates must have a current DOD Top Secret level security clearance to include a closed investigation date within the last 6 years in order to be considered
- Must be able to obtain, and maintain, access to Special Programs as a condition of continued employment.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree Network Engineering, a Cisco certification, a Security+ CE, and 7 years of Network design, analysis, and administration of Cisco routers, switches, hubs, and Palo Alto firewalls
- Cisco CCNP, or CCIE, would be ideal
- Experience in the use of network analysis tools (i.e. WireShark, SolarWinds, Opnet, etc.) would be nice to have
- Experience with configuring TACLANES would be ideal
- Experience designing and maintaining LAN & WAN based networks
- Experience with managing routing protocols on large LAN environments
- Previous experience troubleshooting network procedures and best practices; experience with network challenges associated with systems integration, including COTS integration, capacity analysis and system architecture design
- Demonstrated leadership skills, or previous management of small teams, would be helpful
- Top Secret clearance with SAP/SAR access would be helpful
Back to top