Principal M&S System Software Analyst (20-232)
- Colorado Springs, CO
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
The Engineering organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP) is looking for you to join our team as a Modeling and Simulation System Analyst based out of Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
The M&S System Analyst will provide technical expertise in the area of BMDS modeling and simulation characterization, scenario development, and/or analysis. The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- As part of an Agile Scrum team, will develop features and stories mapped to program objectives.
- Depending on the specific skills of the successful applicant, duties will include one or more of the following:
- Plan and execute performance analyses on C2BMC and its interactions with current and planned BMDS assets
- Document analysis results in reports and briefings and present analysis results to a variety of audiences
- Develop requirements for large, complex system models/simulations and or test/analysis tools
- Execute, test, and evaluate BMDS level, large scale models/simulations
- VV&A the C2BMC model;
- Develop, test, and evaluate threat scenarios and using large scale simulations, perform System Level Test event predictive analysis, post-test analysis, and/or post-flight reconstruction analysis
- Provide data to support decisions regarding system/element representations and modeling parameters used in large scale simulations
- Active Top Secret clearance is required
- 5 Years with Bachelor's degree in a STEM-related field, or an additional 4 years of work experience in lieu of a degree
- Solid engineering background which support both conceptual and detailed system level assessments, as well as an understanding of analysis techniques, planning, execution, and reporting.
- Technical specialty areas may include, but are not limited to, the following: performance analysis and characterization of large-scale complex system simulations; M&S Verification, Validation and Accreditation; requirements development and checkout for system simulations and scenarios;
- Complex data analysis and plotting using MATLAB
- Working or theoretical knowledge of Ballistic Missile Defense concepts, Battle Management and Command and Control (BM/C2) systems, defense communications systems, and the BMDS in general.
- Strong background in math and physics.
- Experience using MATLAB to support analysis of complex data. Familiarity with Unix/Linux, Agile Scrum, and continuous integration. Possesses general coding skills (such as MATLAB, Java, C++, or shell scripts). Specific knowledge of one or more BMDS elements, such as C2BMC, AN/TPY-2, BOA, SBIRS, GMD, Aegis BMD, PATRIOT, et al.
- Experience in an Agile environment is desirable.
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top