Principal Military Trainer/OC-X CONPOC/WAC
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects?
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better. Exercise support staff for Mission Command Training Program (MCTP) simulation command post exercises to train Division and Corps Commanders and their staffs during Warfighters and Mission Rehearsal exercises. As part of Operations Group X, the Exercise CONPOC prepares Simulation Control Plans, and other contract deliverables in support of Mission Command Training Program Seminars, Warfighter, and Mission Rehearsal Exercises. Participates as necessary in the Joint Exercise Life-Cycle (JELC) planning events, working side-by-side, with other members of the Exercise and Simulation Support Directorates and the Scenario Design Division to plan and execute an MCTP Exercise rotation starting with exercise planning team (EPT) coordination meetings locally, to initial Exercise planning and site surveys (IEP/SS), main exercise planning (MEP) and final exercise planning (FEP) to ensure smooth execution of Mission Command Training (MCT) seminars and Warfighter Exercise (WFX) or Mission Rehearsal Exercise (MRX) by the entire Ops Group X-Ray. As a WAC, assists in the preparation of Opposing Force orders, directs activities of subordinates assigned in reviewing and translating written operational orders and combat instructions, for input into the simulation. Monitors units assigned in the simulation and role-play their status and combat activities to command post players. Performs actions to ensure a fluid and accurate simulation game is presented to exercise units.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinates with the Lead Operations Group in the development of Simulation Control Plans.
2. Works with other Division within Operation Group X to develop room builds and determine equipment and personnel needs for each exercise.
3. Write, publish, and deliver Trip Reports for Exercise Life Cycle Events as contract deliverables.
4. Prepares computer simulations with exercise scenario plan command and control graphics.
5. Prepares computer simulation by placing units assigned into doctrinal formations, ensuring situated to the terrain and is tactically correct representation based on combat orders and the scenario.
6. Ensures game fidelity is maintained throughout the exercise period.
7. Inputs computer orders and generates reports as directed.
8. Keeps command post players apprised of current and unusual activity.
9. May deploy to various countries, as required, in support of U.S. military operations.
a. Bachelor's Degree 6 Years Experience or Master's Degree 4 Years Experience, 4 additional years of experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
b.Understanding ofcurrent Army/Joint doctrine.
c. Highly proficient with MS Office suite of software (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access)
d. Must have an active DoD Secret Clearance or higher.
a. Graduate degree.
b. US Army Command and General Staff Officer Course, or MEL 4 equivalent Intermediate Level Education (ILE) c. Two years experience in design, planning, configuration, and conduct of large-scale computer simulation exercises.
d. Previous experience in computer assisted simulation training. Experienced in WARSIM simulation.
e. Brigade or higher staff officer experience.
f. Prior experience as an Observer Controller/ Trainer.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top