Principal Mechanical Technician
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a mechanical technician to perform a variety of duties assisting mechanical engineers and other maintenance technicians in the development, operation and maintenance of shipboard fluid power (hydraulic and pneumatic), mechanical, and electromechanical systems. Work will primarily include refurbishment and troubleshooting of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, structural and instrumentation systems; however, writing equipment repair packages and maintenance procedures will also be required at times.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Fabricating and assembling new or modified mechanical, hydraulic, or pneumatic components or assemblies.
- Setting up and testing prototype units and subassemblies under operational or simulated conditions and making follow-on repairs to existing components.
- Analyzing data and recommending modifications to components or test procedures to meet desired specifications.
- Documenting work and testing on formal work packages and quality control documents.
- Abilityto apply shop theory and skills in accomplishing assigned tasks working fromengineering drawings, sketches, technical orders and written and verbal instructions.
Candidate may be required to travel in support of customer's operations. Technicians are encouraged to deploy, at sea, with customer personnel for 40-50 day durations or deploy to remote ports for several week durations on deployment teams or field installation teams. These deployments offer employees the opportunity to experience and understand first hand the real world performance of the systems they maintain and certify. Employees are compensated for deployments.
- High school graduate with a minimum of 5 years mechanical maintenance experience.
- Top Secret SSBI clearance with the ability to obtain an SCI adjudication.
- US Citizenship required
Preferred Qualifications: Hydraulic and pneumatic systems training or experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top