Principal Mechanical Engineer - Top Secret
- Chandler, AZ
This Principal Mechanical Integration & Test Engineer is responsible for leading mechanical spacecraft integration & test activities and to provide Mechanical Engineering support to cross functional departments while working in conjunction with Design Engineering and I&T Managers. They shall lead the execution of various mechanical aspects of the ESPA Star product line build while guaranteeing quality, optimizing cost and schedule, and meeting program and customer requirements. Operations are performed in a clean room level manufacturing environment where I&T engineers coordinate, monitor, and oversee system-level integration activities performed by the technical staff at Northrop Grumman's Gilbert Az. Campus.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline plus eight years minimum of related experience in Manufacturing or Mechanical Operations.
- A current and active Top Secret security clearance.
- Must possess technical skills including good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication ability.
- This position may require off hour shift work, weekend work, and extended daily hours to meet production demands.
- Some domestic travel required
- The candidate should have knowledge and experience with handling space flight components or fragile hardware and have a working knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- The candidate should be proficient at interpreting engineering drawings, schematics, diagrams, and specifications and have the ability to author technical work instructions for the manufacture of the item.
- The candidate should be able to proactively identify issues, escalate to appropriate channels, and offer solutions.
- The candidate should have the ability lead and support root cause and corrective action processes towards the resolution of NCR's and have a good working knowledge with problem solving tools and methodologies.
- Minimal experience with 3D Modeling is required. Business tools such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, TipQA, Windchill, Solumina MES, Costpoint, and CREOView are desired.
- Leadership and personal skills including good listening skills with strong follow-through ability.
- Experience working with and leading production teams.
- Practical experience with 5S/FOD, ESD and Six Sigma and/or Lean manufacturing techniques.
Back to top