Principal Mechanical Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Principal Engineer Mechanical to work in Redondo Beach, California.
Responsibilities include performing analysis of thermal fluid systems, developing system architecture and performing system analysis, developing requirements, creating supplier procurement specifications and statements of work.
The successful candidate must have experience working with diverse technical teams, and experience with the design, analysis and/or test of flight hardware is preferred. Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork are essential.
- Perform system and component analyses of complex fluid thermal systems
- Component engineering and testing
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and5 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 3 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Experience with aircraft or spacecraft compressible fluid-thermal systems
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance and/oran SCI Clearance
- Active In-Scope DoD Secret Security Clearance and/or Active SCI Clearance
- Masters' Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Experience developing thermal fluid architectures for Air Vehicle Environmental Control or BipropellantFluid Propulsion Subsystems
- Experience developing fluid component equipment specifications
- Experience with hardware procurement/supply chain operations.
- Experience as a team lead
- Competent in MATLAB/Simulink, AMESIM or similar analysis tools
- Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top