Principal Manufacturing Engineer - Second Shift (Must have current and active secret clearance to be considered)
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is looking for a Principal Manufacturing Engineer III, in Clearfield, Utah- This is a 2nd Shift Role
Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan.
Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques.
Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
- Active Secret DoD Clearance within 5 ½ years of last investigation
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Chemical Engineering or related and5 years of applicable experience
- Experience in working with aerospace specifications and drawings
- Experience supporting an aerospace manufacturing process with the necessary materials, tooling, and equipment
- Experience authoring, modifying and auditing procedures
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with minimal direction
- Excellent computer skills. Skilled in working with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- CAD experience (CATIA or NX)
- Composites hand layup, fiber placement, bonding, cure, assembly, metallic hardware and machining experience
- Experience planning and streamlining manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of root cause / corrective action processes and techniques
- Experience in the use of NX 10 or higher
- Functional knowledge of production control systems (SAP/Visual Mfg/etc)
Back to top