Principal Manufacturing Engineer
- Greenbelt, MD
Northrop Grumman Space designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
We are searching for our Principal Manufacturing Engineer that will help us to design manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling. Additionally, you'll design arrangements of machines within plant facilities to ensure the most efficient and productive layout.
Furthermore, you'll design the sequence of operations and specify procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance. Here, you will be responsible to help adapt machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions. This may incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan. Going forward, you'll be helping with the inspection of the performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
We will look forward to your work to develop our manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques. In this role, you're relied upong to provide guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques; finally you'll ensure these processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of relevant work experience
- Proven multi-tasker and self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of TIG welding and heat treating processes a plus
- Proficiency with Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software
- Proficient in reading engineering drawings and a good understand of GD&T
- Proficiency with MS Office required; MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Understanding of 5S and Lean Manufacturing experience a plus
- US Citizen
Back to top