Principal Manufacturing Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Principal Manufacturing Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA. The selected candidate will apply electrical, electronic and mechanical principles to produce space-flight and avionics microelectronic assemblies.
- Continuously improves production yields by performing DOE's, implementing and tracking Statistical Process Controls, Pareto charts and applicable metrics.- Supports and participates in the design, modification, fabrication, and mechanical & electrical testing of prototype and production microelectronic assemblies.
- Develops, improves, and qualifies production processes.
- Creates & maintains process procedures.- Is responsible for establishing and reviewing build plans to ensure that all flow down requirements are met.
- Identifies, designs and co-ordinates the fabrication and fit check of all tooling necessary to support production.
- Reviews and/or creates tooling drawings that they are producible, error free, and contain sufficient detail to ensure proper assembly.
- Leads the evaluation, disposition, and rework of all discrepancies on product and performs root cause analysis on all defects and coordinates the implementation of cost effect corrective actions.
- Methodically resolves technical issues.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and
be able to collaborate closely with cost account managers, assembly technicians, PM&P engineers, process planners, product engineers, and electrical/test engineers.
For more Electronics and Payloads openings visit:
Unique ID: elepay
Unique ID: SOUTHBAYJOB
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5+ years of engineering experience; OR STEM Master's degree with 3+ years of engineering experience; OR STEM PhD. degree with 0+ years of engineering experience.
- Extensive experience in systematic process improvement methods such as Lean Six Sigma.
- Experience in a production environment.
- Experience designing, fabricating, and assembling tools, jigs, and factory equipment. - - Hands-on experience with electromechanical systems, and working with tools and machines.
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain an active U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineer or Industrial Engineering.
- Experience with design, development and/or manufacturing of microelectronic assemblies.
- Programming in VBA.
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management.
- Able to prioritize multiple responsibilities and/or accomplishing them simultaneously.
- Ability to negotiate and integrate different viewpoints.
- Active SCI clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top