Principal Linux/Windows Systems Administrator
- Redondo Beach, CA
Support our entire enterprise and build the networks, staff the teams, and develop the processes that will keep us defining what's possible. We have opportunities across our enterprise with 90,000 team members throughout the world. The only limit to your growth is your ambition and drive. We want to empower you to bring your best, with resources, support, and talented team members that will launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Linux/Windows Systems Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Redondo Beach area. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information Technology Solutions team supporting multiple software development activities and several highly visible programs managed within the Space and Aeronautics portfolios. Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Apply technical skills and experience in managing selected Windows, Linux, and Unix servers and numerous workstations supporting highly skilled engineers working with advanced programming languages and algorithms.
• Manage and maintain a smooth operation of servers/desktops/routers/switches while working with network, software, and hardware engineers that are remote and on site.
• Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management
• Project, verbalize, write, and recommend right size server capacity and capabilities for these products. Revises existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
• Work with Operating systems: Windows 7/10, Server 2008/2012/2016/2019, RHEL.
• Utilize knowledge of DISA STIG, NIST 800-53/ICD-503, JSIG, NISPOM, JAFAN 6/3, DCID 6/3, etc.
• Work with Vulnerability Management Tools: ACAS (Security Center, Nessus), Xacta IA Manager/Xacta Continuum, EnCase
• Work with Security Monitoring Tools: NETIQ, Splunk or other SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) products.
• Work after hours or weekends as needed.
• Ability to lift 40 lbs.
• Bachelors degree and 5 years of experience OR Masters degree and 3 years of expeirence OR Associates degree and 7 years of experience; 9 years of experience may be considered in lieu of completed degree.
• Active DoD Top Secrete security clearance with ability to obtain and maintain Top Secret security clearance with SCI level access.
• Ability to obtain Special Program Access.
• Current Security+ CE or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
• Expereince with Operating systems: Windows 7/10, Server 2008/2012/2016/2019, RHEL.
• MCITP/MCSA/MCSE 2008/2012; UNIX/LINUX/Redhat/Solaris knowledge/experience.
• Experience with Defense Security Service ODAA processes and procedures; familiarity with OBMS.
• Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework and NIST 800 series and in particular NIST 800-53; JSIG.
• Experience developing and implementing IS certification test(s) and conduct ongoing periodic reviews.
• BS degree in Technical field related to computer security
• Current 8570 certification (CISSP, Security+)
• Past or current ISSM/ISSO experience
• Knowledge of Windows security / group policy and Cisco networking equipment
• Splunk or equivalent log management software knowledge
• Involvement in security audits/inspections
• Familiarity with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
• Experience in SCIF/SAPF environments
• RMF, JSIG and JAFAN knowledgeable
• Background or understanding of System Security Plans (SSP)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top