Principal Linux/Windows Systems Administrator
- Linthicum Heights, MD
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Windows/Linux Systems Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Linthicum, MD area. Roles and responsibilities will include:
• Perform primarily as a Linux System Administrator for a classified government contract.
• Perform Windows System Administrator duties as required for a classified government contract.
• Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal and external customers, in written and oral format.
• Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
• Support multiple networks. Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
• Analyze internal and external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
• Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
• Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
• Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
• Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
• Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
• Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, and system components.
• Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
• Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
• Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
• Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
• Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
• Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
• Travel to customer locations or other Northrop Grumman facilities to deploy, test and/or troubleshoot computer systems.
• Coordinate plans of action & activities with peer administrators, security teams, other Northrop employees, and customer representatives.
• Associate's degree and 7 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience, or Master's degree and 3 years of experience; 9 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
• Current Security+ CE, CISSP, CASP, or similar certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
• US citizenship.
• Active DoD Secret clearance.
• Ability to maintain an active DoD clearance.
• Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
• Experience managing the Windows Server OS, including the design of a Windows domain architecture, Active Directory administration, implmentation of GPOs, creation of operational policies/procedures, and applying appropriate user permissions.
• Experience managing the Red Hat Operating System, both stand-alone workstations as well as networked workstations, preferrably as part of a Windows domain environment.
• Experience administering a virtualized server & client environment using ESXi & VMWare.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in an IS related field.
• Experience administering systems in NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, and/or JSIG environments.
• DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco).
• Experience administering Windows Server 2012/2016 & Windows 10 clients.
• Experience managing Windows client/server domains/forests, including DNS, DHCP, and certificates (CA).
• Experience managing Active Directory components & Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
• Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator / Engineer certification(s).
• Experience managing Redhat Linux server environment.
• Redhat System Administration certification(s).
• Implementation, configuration, and/or administration of Redhat Satellite Server (v5 and/or v6).
• Experience building custom "RPM" software packages for Redhat platforms.
• Solid understanding of basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs.
• Cisco hardware experience; Cisco certification.
• Experience with NAS storage device (preferably NetApp) administration (ONTAP 8.x or higher ; CDOT).
• Solid understanding of remediating security vulnerabilities; harden Windows and/or Redhat systems per RMF and STIGs.
• VMware and ESXi (6.x or higher) configuration and management experience.
• Experience with environment monitoring tools (HBSS, Solarwinds, Splunk, IDS/IPS).
• Experience with the Certification & Accreditation process.
• Solid writing skills; use of Wiki pages and Sharepoint sites for central documentation management.
• Currently active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top