Principal Linux Systems Administrator / Secret Clearance / DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II; higher
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Principal Linux Systems Administrator to join and support the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) under the Specialized Warfighter Development Contract (SWDC) at Schriever AFB, Colorado on the Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) Team. On the PNT task order work, you will be designing and supporting integration solutions for the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) located globally.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will manage and maintain secure, minimally-interrupted operations of Linux servers and virtualized environments.
- Support bare-metal and virtual machines; coordinate actions with peer system administrators, network administrators, security, software and Operations teams; devise, recommend, and implement performance and reliability enhancements, and automate solutions.
- Install, harden and patch Linux operating systems, working in a command-line environment, create/modify shell scripts (ex: bash, Perl, python), partition disks, create logical volumes, and create/mount Linux file systems.
- Install and configure COTS software, conduct security scans, mitigate vulnerabilities, develop and implement compliant solutions.
- Develop and document technical procedures.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 6 years of related IT experience OR a Master's degree and a minimum of 4 years of related experience. May consider an additional 4 years of related experience in lieu of the educational degree.
- DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (examples include: Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA).
- Experience installing and configuring COTS software.
- Experience with Linux Operating Systems.
- An ac tive DoD Secret security clearance.
- RedHat Certified (RedHat Certified System Administrator, RedHat Certified Engineer).
- Solid Understanding of Enterprise-level storage concepts to include commonly-used RAID-levels.
- Solid understanding of remediating security vulnerabilities to include hardening RedHat systems in accordance with RMF and STIGs.
- Identity Management (Single Sign-on) experience.
- VMWare ESXi (6.x+) configuration and management experience.
- Experience implementing/configuring Linux software based firewall implementations.
- Ability to create custom RPM packages for RedHat platforms.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top